Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Legging story

I detest wearing something which is skin tight and stretchy (except the swim suit of course tch tch)..
So even after everybody in the office and surroundings started to wear the leggings for quite sometime.. I was not even sure, if I wanted to try one on in the changing rooms!!
I wear a lot of knee length kurtis and chudidaars as formals from Monday to Thursday to office, so eventually I had to try the stretchy stuff, when I could not find a dark blue color chudidaar.. I eventually bought one from 'W', but the medium size, although I knew I could fit into the small size ones (yeps me thin girl now), so that its not very very stretchy.. and guess what..I don't hate those so much now.. In fact I feel so comfortable in them (the medium size , not the small one), that I am now the proud owner of not 1, not 2, but 4 leggings!!! Now.. the next thing to try on are Jeggings.. and don't worry I will be there by the next 6-7 months.. :-))

OK, but this is not what I actually intended to blog about. Couple of months back, I was having tea in the office canteen with three guys.. So of course, when you are with guys, the only thing you can do is check out all the girls, which they are checking out.. and when men check out girls, they not just check out the hot girls .. The not so hot, over weight girls, also seem to be their favourite topic..

Well of course, they are not happy about the extra kilos..but what really is the point of discussion is: the ill fitting tight clothes which these women wear, even when the body does not permit them..
So there was one such lady, who was tall, but certainly was an extra 15-20 kilos, had flabby calves and thighs..And how do I know about all that flab?? because of what was she wearing!!

She wore a white Kurti which had a side slit which ran up to her waist..and red leggings which was definitely the small size.. A size which I know, would have taken her, atleast 15-20 minutes to push herself into it..

Flab was inching out all over her thighs and calves and the waist high slit was not helping covering that up..
She became the point of discussion for all the three guys..and I could not help agreeing to what they discussed! She looked vulgar and cheap.. fat and very unattractive. The Kurti was a lovely white one, but the extra tight leggings took it all away!!!

There are no issues with women being over weight. Because excessive eating is not the only reason, why women are fat.
It could be heredity, it could be the PCOS problem,(Poly cystic ovary syndrome), it could be because they are on contraceptives..something which the guys would never know, or understand...But Important is to dress decently, and not blindly ape everything which is 'in fashion'. A very big problem, which most women have is to wear ill fitting 'Tight' clothes.. Wearing 'tight' clothes or fitting into a size 12 shirt or a size 30/32 jeans is not what we should want. In fact, wearing tight clothes, makes you look even fatter, showing the flab on the back ,thighs ,calves and stomach..Instead of this, if we wear a 14 size kurti and a 34 waist jeans, wont we look so much more decenter and smart!!
I felt pity for the girl in the white kurti and red leggings..But I really wished she would have looked into the mirror before she had stepped out..Or at least ask for an opinion from a friend, hoping this friend would be a honest one, and tell the truth!! Unfortunately, she became the source of amusement for my three guy friends over tea, and worse is, she did not even know! :-((


PS: I don't wish to write about what happened, and whats going on last month..Hopefully, I will have a lot of other things to talk about here!!
This was one of them..

14 comments:

  1. I totally agree with this .. Leggings are known as western clothings. They are used esp in winter season in the place of stockings to get protection from cold. And according to me they go good with skirts. Here in India they look pathetic with kurta and it looks even worst if not weared of correct size (& color) :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, leggings with short denim skirt look swell!!! Thanks for the comment CK!!

      Delete
  2. I think you should wear what looks good on you and not just because its fashionable or it looks good on your friend or the poster girls. Just because you are prettybut if u dont have a good dressing sense all is lost. coz cloths are imp part of your personality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said Ash..!!! Movie and poster girls, influence us a lot, but we should know what looks good on us!

      Delete
  3. lol , I sense a fashion-sense adviser in the read.
    Interesting one and a topic very different from usual.Following!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following!!!So encouraging!! and about fashion sense adviser, hehe.. far from that!! The best I can do is, make sure I look decent enough when I step out :-)))

      Delete
  4. :) To be fair, some women are comfortable with their fat. I have a friend here in London, she is bit on heavier side, she wears leggings, minis and tight tops! The flab can be seen however that's her style.....

    I was judged when I was in teens and had not developed, people have all kind stuff to talk about. Let someone be...

    But, I have joked about such women too :D It's FUN :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For being judged about not being developed..-> The guys from the blog didn't judge the women being fat.. but more, what she wore...
      Agreed, One should not judge someone's body type, because being thin or fat is not sometimes in our hands..but what we are wearing is...

      But at the same time, if the women, is comfortable in what she wears, even if she is over weight, she would not really bother about what people say.. I personally don't like gathering negative attention, and hence try to dress in a non controversial manner...

      Thanks for the comment :-)

      Delete
  5. Jeggings are good (get them resized to ankle length and wear them with A-line dresses... although I'm not someone from whom you would take fashion advices ;)).. we seem to have matching mindsets.

    I fall amongst the heavy demography and completely resent wearing tight fits. I make it a point that I'm wearing long kurtis w/ leggings. You have pointed out a very remarkable thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jasper, welcome! Jeggings, yes, I will try them out soon, and the idea of A line dresses with them sounds cool!! Thanks!
      And again Thanks for the comment!!!

      Delete
  6. Firstly, thanks for visiting my blogs and commenting on it. I don't know much about these leggings and stuff but I am firm believer in wearing clothes which makes you comfortable.
    What you have mentioned is very true.
    If the girl is comfortable and she is fine wearing one, then it's ok. If she wears just to be fashionable like others without giving a thought about it, then it's kind of wierd. A informative post for a guy like me....:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to Chintan, came across your blog, on the abortion one, and then went on to read a lot more :-)) and then had to follow!!!

      Thanks so much for your comment!!

      Delete
  7. i woke up to leggings pretty late too almost after the whole world was wearing it like daily wear. But m glad i did finally wake up. M loving it. Since i am short, it gives an illusion of length :D

    About the bad dressing, yeah i know. At least for office wear, one should look oneself in the mirror more closely. Ghar mein toh i look like a storm just hit me. But office why be talk of the town unnecessarily

    ReplyDelete
  8. True, leggings make you look tall.. and yes, just like you, glad, even I woke up to it, better late than never!!!

    hehe, ghar mein, I could wear the night dress all day long!!!

    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think?