Thursday, February 23, 2012

Machinery Love!

In the day you stare at me, and the only thing I can do is, stare back at you
Your eyes are beautiful, big and black, your eyes are the only thing I view
Your eyes which enlarge when amazed, but then quint in my white hue
Your eyes which distress and then anger, on a problem I show, anew
Your eyes which shed tears, but you know, you have misconstrued
Your eyes which are now naughty at the chat, where a lover pursues
But your eyes would vanish, when the time is due
And grief is what I would bear, with the night aloof
In the darkness of the bay as I await, for the morning dew
Your computer will treasure the moments, which it has spent with you..!

PS: Thank you to my Monitor, with whom I happen to spend the maximum hours of my day! It had to feel something like that for me and my awesome eyes na :-)

22 comments:

  1. So true Jenny :) Although this is for your monitor, i felt you put live in monitor too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ck. Yes the monitor is very much alive for me.

      Delete
  2. :):):) hehe very true and nicely put Jen..I wish Computer actually feels this way for us..atleast we will have one loyal admirer no matter what :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh this one is our loyal admirer for life :-)

      Delete
  3. So sweet Jenny! You made the monitor almost human:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rahulji. All our gadgets have almost become human, isn't it?

      Delete
  4. After reading this, I remembered the time I spent with my monitor at the workplace for over 3 years. We kind of bring life to those things. I miss my PC...:) Enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 years is really a long relationship, ofcourse you are bound to miss it :-)

      Delete
  5. Wow. Wonderful personification. You've very beautifully described the various states of it. Nice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Computer is a part of us but your words made 'him' more close to us...Nicely written Jenny...:) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is almost family now :-) Thanks so much Saru!! :-)

      Delete
  7. ha ha- excellent!! WELL WRITTEN AND WELL THOUGHT OUT!! What a creative piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the kind words Connie, Glad I made you laugh :-)

      Delete
  8. a big applause for your choice of the subject of this poem. the poem is good,no doubt, but i think the distinction lies more in the way you thought of presenting a MONITOR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sujatha! Your comments are so motivating!

      Delete
  9. Funny and so cute !
    And also I like the way you made that monitor of yours praise your eyes :P
    On a serious note a very well thought out poem. Out of the ordinary.
    My monitor (system) has gone for a vacation (formatting) and I miss it so much.
    If it takes much time, I'm gonna drag him back from his vacation. How dare he spend so much time without me???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe Thanks so much yaar Jasper!! Well don't worry, duriyo se pyaar badta hain.. he will come to you only, loving you even more :-P

      Delete

So what do you think?