Thursday, April 12, 2012

Blogaa - Rantatatata


Readers alert: What follows is a rant about blogging in general; Proceed at your own risk.


Its a rare case that I am posting 2 posts in one week. Its not that I don't want to do it, its because I take some time to think about a topic, and good pointers, in short, to try and write responsibly. So why this post today? Well just like that. I just want to put some rants out there with no specific topic or purpose. I realised that the main intention of the blog was, not to write an essay on a topic given before hand (which I am not saying is bad at all), but to also just write into it, when you feel like it.

I accept I am addicted to blogging, and by that I mean not writing, but reading and more reading and more reading. I am following almost 50 bloggers(Started blogging seriously only from Oct 2011) which include all kinds of writers, like regular writers( personal experiences and political satires), sports buffs, film writers, fashion experts, cooking masters and travel timers. I eagerly await all their updates on the google reader and sometimes send them reminders on their emails, if they go 'gayab' :-) .Weekends are the best, when a lot of people post and since I don't normally check the blogs on the weekend, I have loads to read on a Monday. It is a dry spell in the middle of the week, assuming most of them are busy in the day to day things called 'life', which is when I 'write', so that the next couple of days, can be spent in eagerly waiting for comments and replying to them :-)

Ha, so now you all know, that I HARDly work in office :-P. In my defense, I am going venture out only one word 'Multitasking'. Yes, that's just 'one' word and not two :-P

I also have this weird habit, of going through some of my favorite posts like the 'Amsertdam RLD' and The 'Women Myths' one and read the comments on them. Please tell me, you all do that, and I am not weird! And by linking these posts, I have taken the opportunity to publicize these posts again! Tada :-P

The Aura 90's post, is really helping the stats count on my blog. My blog comes up, after search words like 'sexy body ladki ka', 'kajol legs', 'urmila legs', 'raveena legs', uhmm so basically legs of all heroines from that era. And then 'they' also want to see all these women wet, with search words like 'raveena wet', 'kajol wet', 'sonali bendre wet'. Poor women or should I say 'Cold' women, people want them wet always? Save them from pneumonia bhagwanji! But jokes apart, my blog gets hit EVERY Single day by these keywords. The intention of that post was to portray the items songs from that era and how different they were from today. It was NOT meant to provide some hot erotica stuff to some pathetic men(or women) out there. Nevertheless, the stats are increasing and I am not complaining. Looking at the comment count, I was rest assured that none of these perverts actually read the blog, once they realise their faux pas. The disappointment is clearly visible in that 'count' :-)

Alrite, so that's done. I really wanted to point out this stats part.

More about blogging is, it acts like a detone for me. When I am upset, I simply open a blog and read. It clears my mind a lot, and cheers me to no end. Something like swimming does(again to which I am addicted). Its give me a different perspective, and a lot of times, shows me a path. Its the content of the post; the time spent in reading, appreciating and then mulling over it, kind of disallocates and then occupies the space in your mind, which your problem had done first. So works that ways for me!

About what I write? I have written about the personal stuff in my life, a lot. But I should be honest, I have not been completely honest. This doesn't mean what I have written uptil now is a lie, no would never do that, but what I mean is, I am holding a LOT back. Too many things have happened since December 2011, and there a lot of times where I could have just crumbled into rubble. But a lot of things have helped me stay put, and my blog is one of them. Today morning, I was almost about to write about what happened in Dec last year, but I stopped. I guess, its not the time YET. But yes, this blog has a lot of facts about me, which a lot of people who claim to be my friends, don't know. And this is one of the reasons, I would never put my blog on facebook and I share it with only few select known friends. I want this part of mine, to be mine, to be anonymous and to be read only by my new blog friends and select known friends, who I have accumulated in time.

I utterly enjoy writing Humor and Travel. I may not be the best, oh wait, not even good enough, but I like that, and I hope to improve on it! Time and a lot of experience in months to come are going to help me, and I hope to be consistent in those areas :-)

Uff, what was meant to come off as a rant, has come out like an acceptance speech for just about nothing, tch tch. Never mind, I totally enjoyed writing this post. It is not a sad one or a happy one, Its just a one!

So, the dry period is still on, but still have quite a few posts to gorge on. I am jumping onto that, immediately after I publish this. Here's to all you writers who keep the reading bug in me alive. Kudos :-)

PS: On a different note all together, I have realised that, NO ONE carried off the versatile blogger award (not even the new ones) tradition ahead. So was it just me, who liked to rant 7 things about myself? Oh god, this makes me feel so self obsessed and smug! tch tch

PS2 (13 Apr 2012): Aura 90s blog has been reverted to the draft version. The post has kind of scared me off!

30 comments:

  1. That is a fantastic post! Seems like you need to go 'off-topic' more often. The part about the stats, and people looking for drenched heroines...rofl! Awesome one, keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ajay! This comment is very motivating!

      Delete
  2. Jen, u have penned down another awesome write up. Yes surely, as ajay mentioned this is 'off-topic' but interesting, and i am sure everybody who reads this would think about the things they do to burst their stress, how they check their posts and comments n all things you have mentioned here...
    I was disappointed to see the end of this writeup as i wanted to read more and much more what you were writing down ..
    amazing write up!! ..
    And one more thing .. i believe number of hits are increasing coz of Versatility you are giving to your readers ... not JUST because of those words people put in google search :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww ck, thank you for those kind words. The comment means a lot to me.

      Not sure, why people hit my blog, but it would be better if they hit it to read good content and like it!

      Delete
  3. ha ha loved the way the post kept going in different directions...sometimes its fun to read such random posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ria :-) I guess random posts posted on random occassions are good.

      Delete
  4. Whoever who are, whatever you write, the surprising thing is that how you manage to follow more than 50 blog...I am lucky that I got reader like you..btw keep writing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what is suprising in that Mithlash, the more I have things to read, the more it is better :-)

      Glad to have found your blog!

      Delete
  5. keep writingggggggggggggggggggggg :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Akshay! Wish I could write humor like you do!

      Delete
  6. Jenny an unusual post but a fun read:) Seems you have become a celebrity for search on erotica on the net! No wonder 'Amsterdam RLD' is your favorite one:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The RLD post is my favorite for all together different reasons. Thanks for the comment Rahulji.

      Delete
  7. One post.A Million perspectives. NIce :-) And Even for me, sometimes when I'm low, I open and read my blogs, it kind of rejuvenates me. I'm addicted to Swimming too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh nice. So there is someone like me :-) Swimming in summer: bliss!

      Delete
  8. I though you will rant. But as you said you were talking about things which people like me never did when you become versatile.(Sorry for that). BTW, there is no need to be scared of this post. It was fun as usual reading you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saru :-) But these blog hits kind of sacred me. The other day someone tagged my photo to 'pune hot' something!!!

      Delete
    2. I would be happy if I have any association with the word 'Hot'...;)

      Delete
  9. Earlier, I used to check stats and used to get excited about comments. But these days, my blog is more about writing and indulging myself! I have developed a sudden taste for traveling and visiting new places recently and hence the travel section in my blog is overflowing now. But I do try to balance it off with other kinda posts.

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the visit and the comment. Travel excites me and so I am off to your blog immediately!

      Delete
  10. something about nothing....but still enjoyed reading it:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh god! those search words for your blog post!!!!!!!! the legs & the wetness! hahaaahahaha
    who are these characters!!!!!!

    i too enjoyed reading this post just as much as you have enjoyed writing it out which is evident from the post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, every single day! I had to put that post on the draft mode now, so hopefully that count comes down.

      Thanks so much, as always your comments are very motivating :-)

      Delete
  12. aahaaaaaaaa excellent post, which is conveys nothing but conveys everything :D,
    and Cheers to all your madness, I dont know about others I am 200% more weird than so :D u are not alone :D

    And darling ;) we enjoy your writing. So pleaseeee keep writing. :) you have made me smile and back to life umpteen times, btw write all that u want to write your exp may help someone who is in need of soluntion...

    You Rock Jenny! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OHhh woww!!! Ramya, please tell me, why are you such a sweet heart and a darling :-)) BTW, I have gone through all your previous posts, which means, I am so jobless in office, or which can also mean you write so well!! Love you gal :-))

      Delete
    2. LOL ;) life is just keeping me happy and I try and spread it to people who are worth it :D. Hello Hello you are not jobless at all :D I am such a wonderful writer u seeeeeee (lol, I am good at sarcasm ;) lol)

      keep smiling keep writing :D

      Delete
    3. :-) cute Ramya. Was smiling all along while reading this comment. teehee! Indeed you are a wonderful writer!

      Delete
  13. :0 made me smile the point on stats .. I should put up the words that show my blog up , it is hilarious wht people search for ..

    and where was the RANT part in the post .. did i just miss it altogether haaan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you did not give me the versatile award otherwise i would have done it HE HE HE HE HE HO HO HO HO HO :) have fun and have a great week ahead

      Bikram's

      Delete
    2. I wrote just about anything and everything about blogging, so there, that was the blog rant :-)

      Actually you are right. Please award me one more now, so that I can award you right back this time;-)))))

      Thanks for the comment Bikram :-D :-D

      Delete

So what do you think?