Monday, April 16, 2012

IF the world comes to an end in Dec 2012?



The rumor about the end of the world is travelling places at a fast pace after the recent earth quakes around the world. The frequency of those quakes are increasing at an alarming rate. And the heart goes out to those who are physically present in the calamity.

But even in the times of such distress, the mind does a topsy turvy, and fills itself with somewhat different thoughts.

Different?

Yeah! So we all know, the money which we have accumulated all along, is not coming up with us. Its ending right here with everything else. So really instead of all that money just burning away in a volcanic eruption or flowing away with the Tsunamis, shouldn't we be putting it to better use? Or best, shouldn't we be just spending like uh mm 'ALL OF IT'?
Wide eyed, dreamy like, it makes me think about all those things I want to do before it ends! Those things which I could only dream about; Those things which makes life so fairy tale like; And Those things which will clearly elaborate the phrase 'Living life the Kingsize'!!!

Here are the 10 random things, which I would do, if the world was to come to an end by Dec 2012.
10 super duper list, which I am sure, would be a part of every body's wish list :-)

I would love to

1. Spend some of my money on a world tour.


Greece, Italy, New York will be graced by my presence in the summers. Australia, South Africa, and India will have to wait till the end of the year :-) . If you want to hop along with me, better start following this page and fast :-P. I am taking all my followers with me. And yes, I did pay my taxes up til now, so don't start judging my bank account stats :-)

2. Spend some'more' of my money on clothes and shoes.


Which should ideally have been a part of my wardrobe years back :-| . But never mind. The new ones will effectively be displayed on my new fashion blog, which would obviously have some 1000 followers :-P

3. Visit spas everyday till the 'end'.


Preferred products: 'Body shop' only. I would soak myself in warm essential oils, get a deep tissue massage and be later wrapped in hot linens or mud wraps. Ahh Bliss! You can catch the glowing skin and hair on the same fashion blog, which I had claimed to start in the point number 2 :-P

4. Credit card abUSE


I would apply for 7 credit cards starting from April and would abuse them totally only in the month of November (There is no Dec to pay off the bills :-)) on exotic food only. Exotic food, includes any food, which is high in fat content and low in protein content. Crips, pastries, muffins, chicken, chocolates, All different cuisines. You get the point right?

5. Stay in the Taj Lake Palace at Udaipur.


The "Royal Butlers" working in the hotel, who are descendants of the original palace retainers would be at my constant beck and call. And do I need to add this? OK! How about My morning cuppa of tea at the Lily pond(in the picture above) for a week?? tch tch

6. Stop dieting and exercising.


No further explanation. Period.

7. Stop paying the emi on the house loan and car loan!! Stop paying TAXES!! Whoosh!


Take away the house, the car. Hell I don't care, I would go and live in the Taj :-)

8. Stop paying premium on the Life insurance!!!!


God, this should have been the first one isn't it?
Really, isn't this intriguing, every person in the software industry has a Life insurance. Not surprised. Considering the the life styles we have, not many of us have hopes to survive beyond the eternal 50. But imagine the amount of premium everyone is putting into it and now if the world ceases to exist beyond 2012, how much of it has gone into the dumps! Gosh!

9. Big Birthday Bash


I would celebrate my birthday with pomp and pride. Invite all my near and dear ones, and force them to gorge on the awesomely delicious chocolate cake till their stomachs ache. Tell how much I love them and how lucky I am to have them in my life!!

10. And in the end a silent Thank you.


Offer a silent prayer in gratitude to the almighty above, to have put me on this beautiful little green planet called Earth, and then remorse, to have been such an irresponsible living being who has bought the same planet to this pitiful condition.

There it is! So, while this post is coming to an end, I am sure similar thoughts have crept into your minds and you have started making your wish list too! So go on, tell me, what's on your list, IF the world comes to an end in Dec 2012? Till then, stay safe and be happy!

PS: If you ask me, what if the world doesn't end, and you end up with no money?

Who cares? All I care is I got to live my life like my dream. On a more sensible note, I would hit myself on the head, would quit dreaming and get back to work, before manager starts questioning 'my time' in the office!

49 comments:

  1. Wow...u have lots planned! ;) Loved the way u have written it with a damn care attitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ria :-) Yes, the attitude would work then!

      Delete
  2. I would go to World Toure..Greece, Austria,Portugal,Spain,Germany,Paris again just for kicks,US,Australia..i geuss if i go to all these places i wont left with any money to do anything else...so i guess World Tour is my one and only list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teehee, yes agree! My plan is indeed very ambitious! Missed out on Spain!!

      Delete
  3. Hmmm I had not thought about this :D cause I cant take that my life will end at this age nooooo ways I have to do so many things learn so many things enjoy so many things, So can never think its going to End here...

    But anyways your Bucket list is Superb :D go on girl plan well world doesnt have to end even otherwise achieve all that you want and do all the weirdest thing you want to do :D

    Life is too Beautiful to think of its end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said Ramya. You have a very positive approach to Life!! Kudos to that. Your attitude is surely visibly in your posts :-)

      Delete
  4. Wow!! I liked all and agree to all wishes but i liked last one the most. Coz with all this leisure we should not forget god for giving us so beautiful life to live ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Chaitanya. That is the most important point of all!

      Delete
  5. Gr8 all planned and ready .. I loved point 7 stop exercising and EAT all you want to what you want toooo ...

    I think I will steal the rest of your ideas toooo

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teehee. So strange how everyone love to hate to exercise but still do it each day :-)) Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  6. I like all of these ideas. :-) I do that anyway irrespective of the "end of the world" rumor. :-) Indeed, like you try to convey, we must live our life to the fullest....every single day of it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, I dont think I have the guts to do it, irrespective of the 'end of the world' rumor! Thanks for the comment Ajeya!

      Delete
  7. If wishes were horses, I too would like to ride with you ,Jenny:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, So well said Rahulji!! Indeed wishes are horses!

      Delete
  8. HEHE! Love this post :) Perhaps I would get more crazier than I am usually in life!

    love
    http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. It would be the last chance to start 'LIVING' :-)

      Delete
  9. the SPA! such an indulgence and we are so totally worth it :))

    with you on the CC abuse :DD and the world tour too :))

    i had written a post on what i would do if i were to have just 24 hours to live

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, yes we are worth it!

      I have read the post long back. I liked the part best, where you mull about how Sathya and Tanvi would manage without you. That was sad and an emotional bit.

      Delete
  10. If things are confirmed I would do everything you have mentioned, I shall bookmark this site, just in case I forget something.. which I don't want to..
    Loved the list.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-)) Thank you Sahana. Please do bookmark the site :-)

      Delete
  11. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I shall foloow thee !! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!

    You've been Tagged.

    Please follow the link below to know about the tag more:
    http://rahul-aggarwal.blogspot.in/2012/04/ta-ta-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow!!!! Thank you Rahul!!!!!!!

      Delete
  13. stop paying home loan and live in taj lake palace...on my list as well

    and

    the penultimate day before the world comes to an end .. as otto frank said, "if it's the last day today, i would still plant a tree..." and add life in this world before destruction pervades!!!

    one must accept the bad without complaints and the good with gratitude to god !

    regards
    rahul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow. That thought from otto frank is so motivating and though provoking! Total like :-)

      and thanks for the visit and following me :-)

      Delete
  14. Jenny, actually you shouldn't come to NY as it is dirty and very crowded but for clothes and shoes, it's the best place. I shop at Fifth Avenue and it's so happening. Stop paying loans, taxes is always in my wish list. BTW, dieting and exercising is something which are alien to me...And this post is fun to read. You know if I plan to do everything in here, I can't do it as I am broke almost all the times...:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saru, I am would love to come to NY, just to get a feel of the place :-)
      heard so about fifth avenue.
      teehee, tell me about it. I have made a over ambitious plan, when I myself, am broke all the times :-P

      Delete
    2. 5th Avenue is a great place, you can find anything from $10 to a million bucks. My friends boutique is on 5th Avenue, though I don't buy from her. BTW, if girls are not broke ( I presume we spend on the money on shopping) how will the world economy survive.

      Delete
    3. :-) I will visit this place if I get a chance to visit NY someday.

      Delete
  15. ha ha ha..great post!! Although ending up with no money and great experiences is my nightmare..:-) Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog
    Let's Twitter Together
    NY Style Examiner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jyothi, if only we were alive to get those nightmares :-)

      Also, won't you regret that you didnot spend the money, when things would end :-)

      Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  16. Loved it :-)
    Yes, I agree with your last point, What if the world doesn't end, At least we would be happy for realizing our dreams :-)
    And I would have to add "Visiting my favorite restaurants across the City " :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nice!! I would go about into every restaurants I love and gorge on food there. Nice one Ashwini :-)

      Delete
  17. And now assume the world will not end in Dec 21st 2012 (As the Mayans reported).. Life after 21st will be tough na yaar :D

    And by the way, what a plan Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not regret, if I did all those and life would not end :-)

      Thanks Binu :-)

      Delete
  18. Stop dieting and exercising...But what if we survive...I will become Dolly Bindra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always start again :-)

      Delete
  19. ah- my luck is that I will do all those things and the world will NOT end and then I'd have to go back to doing all of the things right!! ha ha!!

    Great post- great thinking piece- makes me think!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Its time to shed the 'what if' and have fun :-)

      Thanks Connie. Missed your comments on my page.

      Delete
  20. I'll make sure I spend all my money on a world tour and get fat on crabs.

    What a lovely way to die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally someone's not thinking about: 'what if, it doesnot end'

      Delete
  21. Very nice post, Jenny! I would binge on lots and lots of junk food, and spend all my money on a world tour too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. hahaha that is indeed a wonderful way!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but
    your sites really nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back down the road. Cheers

    Feel free to visit my web page: virtual web hosting

    ReplyDelete
  24. Piece of writing writing is also a excitement, if you
    be acquainted with then you can write if not it is complicated to write.


    Feel free to surf to my homepage forex robot

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your article post. I like to write a little comment to support
    you.

    Look into my site smokersgroove.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This piece of
    writing posted at this web site is genuinely good.

    Look at my website: binary options bonuses

    ReplyDelete
  27. You're so cool! I do not think I've truly read something like this before.
    So nice to find another person with unique thoughts on this issue.
    Seriously.. thanks for starting this up. This site is one thing that's needed on the internet, someone with a bit of originality!

    Also visit my web page :: best website hosting uk

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think?