Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The time when we were wasted!

There was a time when we were totally wasted.
Dec 2010. Ash, Priya and I had 4 days off in London. We had no clue how we were supposed to spend those days. After a lot of ideas which were subsequently rejected, we decided on having a Christmas party. This party was supposed to be grand one with cake, vada pav, vodka and finest dresses.
The actual party turned out to be three something 20 year olds in their night wear and a simple chocolate cake.

Frustrated Ash, decided she is going to make the most of it, went off to ASDA and bought a bottle of vodka and wine. Now to make things clear, we drink RARELY, so the drinking was an adventure for us. It was after 10 in the night and all of us were still eating the cake. No bottles were opened yet. Finally to get some jaan into the 'party', I filled half of my tea cup with vodka and sat with it for 10 minutes. Ash pestered and pestered and I finally gulped down the vodka neat. Yeah bottoms up; half a cup; neat. Immediately Ash filled her cup with Vodka and gulped that neat. Priya looking at both of us, came and sat on the table. We knew she just needed a bit of persuasion and she would get going. Well we obliged and there she was gulping down half a cup of vodka in one shot!

Soon we were gulping down cups and cups of vodka, neat. Something was missing. That is when I called up CK, and demanded a pack of cigarettes. After the initial shock, he promptly came to our house with the Malbaro pack. Ofcourse he had to demonstrate the entire process, but once done we sent him packing. Aping him, I smoked for the first time in my life. The feeling was terrible and disgusting, but people let me tell you, I managed to get the dhua not from my mouth but from my nose! Ash and Priya exclaimed but looking at my disgusted expression refused to touch it. The chota adventure came to an end and the half smoked cigarette met its end under the tap(because it just wouldn't go off)!

After this unsuccessful attempt at smoking we went back to our vodka. It tasted better and back were our smiles. We ate more cake because someone told us eating sweet will bring in the nasha faster. Yes that is what we were looking for, to get drunk! Ash got out the lappy and played songs from Dabang. Priya and I started dancing. After that, when the vodka got over and when the wine was opened and finished and how many songs and what volume we played, none had a clue. The camera was on the whole time and it recorded all all dances and gibberish talks.

Finally after 2, we actually started swaying. We drank everything neat, bottoms up and mixed wine with vodka. The chadne wala part had triggered in. We all were very very aware that we were now very drunk. Totally drunk. Next thing we know is, we were calling up people! I called up CK at 2:30AM and started yelling at him and telling him to give me more attention. I know I yelled about this, but what were the exact words only CK knows :-P Mine was still better, considering Priya called up her mom in India to let her know that her daughter was drunk but it is fine to be drunk :-) Listening to her conversation Ash retrieved the device from her hand and hid it. Finally after 3AM we called it the night and decided to sleep. But was the night going to end just like that?

None of us were able to walk back to our bedrooms. Honestly it swayed, the room swayed BAD, just like they show in the movies. That happened. The washroom was 10 steps away from the bedroom, but I was holding the wall to reach the bathroom door. And we were so conscious that I was telling Ash, that "Look look Ash I am swaying, like in the movies. Look how drunk I am!!" As soon as I reached the washroom, the first thing I did was vomit. I stood up and when I saw down, Ash was there vomiting. She stood and I went down again. You are cringing reading this, but we felt soooo much better after the puking! Finally we crept back to our beds and slept. What Priya was doing all that time, NO CLUE!

The next day, exactly at 6AM, we all were up. Fresh as the dew. It is said, that jab 'utharthi hain' tab immediately neend khulti hain. The next minute we were around the lappy looking at the videos. and My what a shock we were in for. We were dancing with lewd movements, talking utter rubbish and were not at all SANE. What we felt that we were conscious, didn't look like anything in those videos. We looked terrible, danced cheaply and were totally drunk.

The entire day was spent in a sickening hangover. We just ate rice and were severely dehydrated! Its been 2 years since then, but we never drank again like that. Because the drinking was fun but the hangover?!? NO. I swear I don't think I would ever get so drunk, because I dread the hangover that much. The episode became quite a talk of the town with people demanding the pictures and the videos for proof. Let me state this clearly here-> If you want the pictures, we demand a royalty more than the pics for beti B. WELL YES, they are THAT totally X rated! If not, you just have to believe me ;-)

Ahh, the time when we were totally wasted!

PS: I have not been replying to any posts, comments, emails, phone calls, messages. There was this huge turmoil. I keep vanishing and come back with this excuse. But sadly, this is not an excuse. This post, because I wanted to write something different. Something fun!
Happy Navratri.

25 comments:

  1. ha ha ha :-)) I should have recorded that call somehow. Though I couldn't see any of the photos or recordings I would have got royalty for that recording :P
    And as i said .. if you drink regularly you won't be having hangover ;) Cheers !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I think you did record it buit lost it later!
      No please, no drinking and smoking for me and not for you too :-P

      Delete
  2. I just did that on saturday night.. firt time in UK.. I am yet to talk to my bhabhi's because i know they gonna kill me :)

    I think one shud do it once in a while get it out of the system..

    on saturday we even almost stopped traffic on a high street.. good job police did not turn up I would have been behind bars :)

    I dont smoke os not sure if i will be able to experience that :)

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just amazing. And I know what you mean by getting it out of the system. You have to do it once to decide you like it or not!

      :-) Bhabhi ko mata batana. I told my mom after few months :-)

      Smoking is terrible, good you didnot try it!

      Delete
    2. what do you mean mat batana SHE Was there.. rather all three were there :) so they all seen it .. luckyly i got up early and came back home :)

      he he he so i a waiting for the get together and then they will pour in what they have to say

      Delete
    3. Oh my god! what are you saying :-) teeheee, there are to be a post on this account! On how you managed all that and not get datofied by your bhabhi :-)

      BTW, I tried to post a comment on the latest blog, not sure, if that went across! Had tried that India morning!

      Delete
  3. Nice to see you recover from the belated hangover, Jenny:) Yes, you need your pound of flesh to share those videos:) Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Rahulji, Old memories, but still fresh :-) Thank you sir for your motivating comment.

      Delete
  4. All the while I really wish I could have one night like that with my gal pals...I want 2 get drunk and wasted ! Even though you dread the hangover do you regret? NO na? It was one hell of an experience..There should be one night like that in everyone's life!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously Anita! One night like that is enough for the lifetime. We wanted to do this from ages! I agree, I dont regret this night at all. One of the wild things from my bachelors days to cherish for life:-)

      Delete
  5. Awesome Jenny! These memories bring color to our lives! Your post brings back a lot of fun moments. And it is hard to believe, I haven't touched alcohol for 2.5 years now although my husband keeps a steady wine supply at home.

    By the way, whom did Ash call? We used to lock up our phones before starting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pandeji, are you serious!! No alchohol for 2.5 yeqars. Man gaye, app par ki nazar and nirma super dono ko :-) Ona serious note, Commendable and congratulations!

      Ash didnot call anyone(atleast that is what we know off ;-). and locking the phones is a good idea!

      Delete
  6. Oh gal all these posts that I've read, I never ever did imagine you could have such an incident to tell ! :D :D
    I'm just 18 and the only smoking or drinking I've ever seen is in movies..You got to show me that video!;):P
    It was total fun reading this post and yeah, I know how much pleasure we get by writing something different, especially old memories:)
    Keep writing:)

    P.S : I somehow agree with the first comment, if you drink regularly, probably you you won't have any hangover!;) Give it a try again, someday:) tc!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe, yes I can be wild. You should read the Amsterdam post BTW. That was even wilder :-) :-)

      Just 18, so many years to go and so much of fun in your life ahead :-) Video hmmmmmmmmm :-P Really its bad bad bad!

      yeah old memories, I really cherished writing this piece! Bought back those fun days!!

      haha, the comment is from my hubby, he would surely say that, since he needs a companion to smoke and drink na!

      Delete
  7. Actually this is one of the ways some guys get hooked to drinking/smoking for life.
    It starts with "lets try it for kicks" and then some feel that they would like to continue on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe, but the hangover was such a deal breaker. I havenot done that after that night. I think guys do it, out of pressure!

      Delete
  8. :) that was one great night..also remember initially Priya didnt want to taste as well and later jab Vodka khatam hua she started scolding me ki aap bada bottle kyun nahi laaye :D:D

    @deeptiji - 2.5 years..wow thats amazing..btw aapne isake piche ki story kabhi batayi nahi why u left it..and i didnt call anyone..i was more in my senses than these two as i felt responsible for them :) and yes finally i had to take the phone away from Jenny too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! and her sway dance. I still cant stop laughing imagining her weird dance steps :-) She is one innocent girl!

      Delete
  9. ROFL :) hahhaaa I am not interested in anything else apart from watching that video now :D next time you want to come to bangalore ;) your visa to bangalore will be that video :D else you will be deported :D lol

    So your first time was so much fun :D hmmm Lovely post I laughed at every sentence of it :D
    Keep writing happy that you are back to blogging :D JEN :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Gosh Ramya. You ask me of a wish like the thumb of Ekalaya :-) I can't refuse you can I?
      Benglaru has weird visa policies :-) :-) Chalo okies, I will oblige, but I need to take the confirmation of other 2 people involved :-)

      Delete
  10. great post using real-world examples. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Navrathri and what a choice of post for that?Lol. NIce to listen to your experiences:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i remember my few (must be 100s i guess) nights in Johannesburg .. we used to drink drink and only drink till each of us didn't blacked out ..

    i remember one night, we all were so drunk and i even took out my car at 4 in morning and drove 1 of my visiting friend back home .. just to realize next day that there was a dent in the car and my friend puked in it .. i could hardly figure out jow the car got that dent .. still a mystery! ..

    i even drove back and was sleeping in my room with car parked properly in the parking area .. may be i was amazing with my senses and driving or someone i believe drove my off back home .. no idea till date...!!!

    you had 1 amazing night Jenny !..

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think?